PEACH AND CHERRY SANGRIA
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 cups pitted Bing or Rainer Cherries
- 2 peaches sliced
- 1 cup peach flavored vodka (I used Ciroc)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white wine of choice (I used an inexpensive Riesling)
- 2-3 cups white grape peach juice (more or less to taste)
- club soda to taste (more just to top it off really)
- several sprigs of fresh basil
- In a serving pitcher, dissolve sugar in brandy.
- Add peaches and cherries, vodka, juice and wine and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for no less than 1 hour but up to 8.
- Stir gently and add desired amount of basil leaves.
- Pour in individual glasses over ice, taste and top with club soda if desired.